How's your week going so far? We've been lunching on these beautiful kale salads, aren't they lovely?
This week we just had a restock on Kale, and believe us when we say this baby is VERY popular! For those who aren't in the know yet, here's a little countdown of our favourite reasons to love Kale:
- Kale is NUTRIENT RICH - just 1 cup packs 14% of your daily calcium needs, 659% of Vitamin A and a whopping 900% of Vitamin K!
- This dark green leafy vegetable is an excellent source of Iron, especially for vegetarians! In fact, it contains more Iron than beef
- It is very high in antioxidants, especially Quercetin and Kaempferol. These have high cardioprotective, blood-pressure lowering, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties!
- Kale is a great way of introducing minerals which are normally lacking in the modern diet, such as Magnesium and Potassium
- Kale is great for weight loss - super low in calories but provides significant bulk to keep you feeling full. It also has protein and fibre which are key for losing weight!
- We love it in almost anything - juices, smoothies, salads, wraps - even Kale Chips! Super crisp and light, this is one guilt free snack. Some people even add them in pastas, scrambled eggs and even stir fry!
Not quite convinced yet? Come down and grab some and see what the fuss is yourself! We're pretty sure you'll be the next convert ;-)